Each day can bring so many surprises, it is always amazing to me how you just never know where each day will take you... you could have a day just like yesterday or a day like every other or perhaps you could win millions of dollars... But this Friday we had an extra special day! (not in the "I won millions of dollars" special, but still SPECIAL!)
As Mike and I sat working as usual with our office door cracked open for a nice breeze, we had a little visitor just come walking in, as if she had been living with us forever... a precious, scared and STARVED little black and white kitty hesitantly walked right on into our lives. With a MEOW that can be heard across the world, she won my heart!
We were not sure we should keep her since we are moving back across the country in less than two months, but i am slowly (why lie) quickly, becoming attached to our little surprise addition! She is hesitant and sweet. I can see her becoming more comfortable around here, coming inside more, jumping on the couch or bed... I am sure our cat Penny is not quite as happy about our new edition, but she will grow to love her overtime. She leaves each night and then always comes back, so i guess it is meant to be! I am awaiting the day she just does not leave at night... i feel it coming, when this happens, i will know she is here to stay!
So far our name choices are:
• Captain Zapp Brannigan (mikes choice, a character from Futurama)
• Obie (reason: she is from Ocean Beach or "OB" since we are moving back east she can be our ode to our lives in OB...
• Polly, our other cat is Penelope, so i thought it was cute, Penny & Polly.
• Bruyant, which means noisy in french and she is SOOOO noisy
• Pantoufle, the kangaroo from chocolat, because she came in like the wind and our lives have been drastically changing recently without notice...
I think Pantoufle might be the winner (sounds like Pontoof) What do you think?!? share your ideas!
I am happy to have Pantoufle (?) and glad she chose our door to walk through! What a great little gift and a wonderful addition to the Earmark-Berndt Family! Hooray for life's little surprise moments!